"The installation of our TrangoLINK Giga-6 system went great… We ended up with a perfect -42 dbm RSSI signal at 128 QAM and the link is passing 150 Mbps full duplex with no issues at all…"
David Taylor, NetWest Online
Wireless WAN Solutions—Outdoor Network Extensions
Extend your network infrastructure with long range
outdoor wireless Ethernet connections
Trango's long range fixed wireless broadband equipment is ideal for all types of wireless wide area network (WWAN) and wireless local area network (WLAN) applications. Trango outdoor wireless networking solutions allow you to quickly, easily, and cost effectively deploy reliable, high-speed, secure wireless IP connections between multiple remote locations at distances up to 45+ miles, and enable you to eliminate your costly leased lines and avoid expensive time consuming fiber trenching.
Wireless WAN Applications
Wireless WAN applications are endless for Trango long-range wireless Ethernet bridges. For example, a business may need to link its IT infrastructure to a few outlying buildings; a university or any school may need to provide internet access to dormitories or other buildings across campus; or a hospital may need to establish a secure link to a clinic across town so that doctors may securely exchange patient information over a high-speed connection.
Whether you need to a network connection across the street, across town, or from urban to rural areas, Trango wireless WAN/LAN building-to-building outdoor networks are ideal for any private enterprise or network operator that requires high-speed connectivity between two or more remote locations. Trango long range wireless wide area network (WWAN) solutions are well suited for a wide variety of industries and applications because they deliver high-capacity bandwidth, are extremely reliable, highly secure, and can be established with minimal effort and cost.
|Industry||Wireless WAN/LAN Application|
|Municipalities and Governments||Connect police & fire departments; establish portable, temporary links for emergency field offices and command posts.|
|Enterprise Wireless Business Networks||Link corporate offices, campuses, home-office workers; establish redundancy network links (backup for wireline services).|
|Security Systems, Video Surveillance||Use wireless infrastructure to cost-effectively deliver surveillance video from remote locations.|
|Education, School Campus Networks||Link Campus buildings, dormitories and athletic facilities.|
|Health Care||Connect Hospitals, clinics and remote physician locations.|
|Transportation||Secure and link remote Airport buildings, railway terminals, ports & harbors.|
|Enable temporary broadband connections for conventions, sporting events, fairs, corporate meetings, and any other special event.|
Trango Wireless WAN/LAN Equipment
Trango’s high-performance, enterprise- and carrier-class solutions consistently provide a level of network reliability and manageability demanded by IT and networking professionals.
Licensed Point-to-Point Wireless WAN Radios
- TrangoLINK Giga® is a split-architecture (ODU/IDU) full duplex RF microwave system link that is both native Ethernet and native-TDM.
- TrangoLINK® Apex is an all-outdoor full duplex RF microwave radio that is native-Ethernet for 100% IP traffic.
- Atlas 4900™ is an all-outdoor native Ethernet OFDM 4.9 GHz wireless bridge that operates in the licensed Public Safety band.
Unlicensed Point-to-Point Wireless WAN Radios
- TrangoLINK-45™ is an all-outdoor, native Ethernet, multi-band OFDM wireless Ethernet bridge that is capable of operation in 4 different 5 GHz bands (5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.8 GHz).
- TrangoLINK-10™ is an all-outdoor, native Ethernet 5.8 GHz wireless bridge that delivers 10 Mbps of data throughput.
Unlicensed Point-to-MultiPoint Wireless WAN Radios
For delivering point-to-multipoint (PtMP) broadband access wireless WAN connectivity from a central office to many remote offices, Trango offers these robust solutions.
- Access5830™ System 5.8 GHz broadband wireless access system delivers up to 10 Mbps up to 18 miles.
- Trango M2400S™ 2.4 GHz broadband wireless access system delivers up to 5 Mbps up to 25 miles.
- Trango M900S™ 900 MHz broadband wireless access system delivers up to 3 Mbps up to 20 miles.
Trango Outdoor Wireless WAN Advantages
Our point-to-point and point-to-multipoint outdoor wireless networking systems all deliver key advantages to our customers looking for value-based wireless WAN solutions.
- Performance Trango wireless WAN solutions deliver high-speed bandwidth over great distances with reliability, efficiency, and without interruption.
- Dependability Trango point-to-multipoint broadband access equipment utilizes Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) technology which was invented years ago by the U.S. military as a secure, robust, efficient, and reliable means to communicate across great distances. Trango point-to-point wireless backhaul equipment utilizes Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) technology which is incredibly robust, highly interference resistant, and is the basis for the next generation of 802.16e standards-based products.
- Security – Unlike the popular 802.11 standards that are based on open protocols, Trango wireless WAN solutions utilize proprietary modulation and data-scrambling encryption techniques to ensure optimal over-the-air security.
- Manageability – Trango wireless WAN equipment was designed to provide network operators complete control over their wireless network. All Trango radios feature comprehensive management interfaces including Telnet, HTTP, and SNMP built right into the radio. Network operators have full access to the radios to monitor performance, optimize the network, and to add or modify authorized subscribers to the network. Using SNMP, operators can be alerted automatically to any potential problem on their network.
- Ease of Installation One of the most important considerations for cost-containment is ease of installation. In order to minimize truck-rolls and the time that installers spend at each new location, it is imperative that the CPE solution be easily and quickly installed. The Access5830 was designed with this in mind. All of our unlicensed radios, and the licensed TrangoLINK Apex feature Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and radio/CPE solutions which are integrated together. This means the entire radio is mounted outdoors on a pole, or on a wall.
- Outdoor-ready and rugged – Unlike many competing solutions, the entire Trango product line is designed for outdoor installation. Our radios are manufactured to withstand the harshest environments including snow, rain, or extreme heat.
Request Documents & Info
Ideal Products for Wireless Wide Area Networks (WAN)
Native Ethernet & native TDM; High-Capacity licensed point-to-point wireless backhaul network; Industry-leading latency; up to 750 Mbps (375 Mbps Full Duplex); easily scalable and upgradeable.
Native Ethernet, IP-optimized; High-Capacity licensed point-to-point wireless backhaul radio; Ultra-low latency; up to 750 Mbps; easily scalable and upgradeable.
Wireless Ethernet Bridge: Multi-band 5.x GHz OFDM
High-speed unlicensed point-to-point wireless backhaul that operates in multiple bands 5.2, 5.3, 5.8 GHz, with DFS; 45 Mbps; 40+ mile range; Adaptable Rate Modulation
Atlas FOX™ CPE
Low cost, high performance, fast ROI! Delivers broadband wireless Internet at 5.8 GHz; up to 10 Mbps throughput; 2- to 10-mile range; reliable 3rd generation FOX customer premise equipment.
Access5830™ Subscriber Unit
Broadband access delivery with maximum durability and management flexibility; 10 Mbps throughput; 18-mile range. More Subscriber Units
Enterprise-grade 2.4 GHz system that delivers broadband Internet speeds up to 5 Mbps at a range of up to 25 miles.
Exceptional NLOS performance radio that delivers broadband Internet speeds up to 3 Mbps through foliage and other obstructions.